Looking For A Family Doctor?
A family dentist is similar to a general dentist, as each provides services related to the general maintenance of oral hygiene and tooth health. While both terms can be used interchangeably, there is a slight difference between the two.
There are certain dentists that restrict their practice to certain age groups, while a family dentist will typically care for the entire family—from young children to older adults. A family dentist is responsible for ensuring that plaque buildup around the teeth is kept to a minimum, that tooth decay is eliminated and cavities are filled, in order to maintain healthy smiles for the entire family.
Considered to be the first level of defense against dental complications, a family dentist is viewed as your first step for preventive care. The American Dental Association (ADA) recommends that you visit your family dentist at least twice a year for a checkup and cleaning. These dental checkups help to ensure the health of your teeth and gums while eliminating plaque buildup and the prevention of tooth decay.
Your family dentist can help monitor the condition of your family’s dental health while keeping an updated record of your dental history to ensure healthy, happy smiles for a lifetime.
For more information on family dentistry in the Tulsa, OK area call Charles Calhoun DDS at (918) 250-8861 today!
Patients choose cosmetic dentistry for an array of reasons—to repair chips and cracks, treat an injury, or just improve their overall appearance. Regardless of what your reason for a smile improvement is, cosmetic dentistry works to help you look younger and healthier.
Cosmetic dentistry is one of the fastest growing areas of dentistry today and is a vital part of the dental profession. With the help of your cosmetic dentist, you can improve your smile and repair dental damage that you have been putting off for years in just a few appointments. A healthy, attractive smile can make you feel younger and more confident—an investment that is well worth it. Today there is a wide array of cosmetic dental treatments available, including:
● Teeth whitening – this is the simplest way to make a substantial improvement in the appearance of your teeth. Whether you choose in-office or take home whitening, you can improve the whiteness and brightness of your teeth.
● Dental veneers – veneers are a great option for patients that are looking to enhance their smiles in more ways than one. Custom-made by your dentist, veneers are a popular treatment for severely stained, chipped or misshaped teeth.
● Dental Bonding – dental bonding is a popular dental technique used to repair teeth, replace silver amalgam fillings, repair cracks, and fix misaligned teeth.
● Dental implants – when you are missing a tooth, or multiple teeth, dental implants offer a permanent solution to fill in gaps where teeth are missing.
● Dental Crowns and Bridgework- If you have a damaged tooth and need to improve the appearance a dental crown or some bridgework may be for you.
With the availability of cosmetic dentistry, patients can take the next step toward an improved smile in only a couple dental visits. From whiter teeth to straighter teeth, cosmetic dentistry offers it all.
For more information on cosmetic dentistry procedures in the South Tulsa Charles Calhoun DDS at (918) 250-8861 today!